Advocacy Training Project: How to Advocate for Legislation
Sunday, Jan 28, 2018
2:00pm – 5:00pm
Join us on January 28, 2018, for our next advocacy training workshop, How to Advocate for Legislation.
Participants will learn about effective policy advocacy, the do’s and don’ts of outreach to legislators, and how to make the most of relationships with California’s elected officials.
Trainers for this workshop include Maya Paley, Director of Advocacy and Community Engagement, NCJW | LA and Dinah Stephens, Senior Director of Public Affairs, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles.
The next Advocacy Training Project workshops are listed below:
- Sunday, September 10, 2017 – Presenting Your Advocacy Message
- Sunday, October 22, 2017 – How to Write an OpEd
- Sunday, November 5, 2017 – Social Media for Advocacy
- Sunday, December 10, 2017 – Taking Charge of Media Relations
- Sunday, January 28, 2018 – How to Advocate for Legislation
- Sunday, February 11, 2018 – Getting Appointed to a Board or Commission
There is no requirement to attend all workshops to take part in the program. Participation is open to people of all genders and sexual orientations. All Sunday workshops include snacks and refreshments and will be held from 2 – 5 PM.
For more info, contact Maya Paley at (323) 852-8536.
Event LocationCouncil House, 543 N. Fairfax Ave.
Los Angeles, CA, 90035