Advocacy Training Project: Getting Appointed to a Board or Commission
Saturday, Feb 10, 2018 – Sunday, Feb 11, 2018
2:00pm – 5:00pm
Join us on February 11, 2018 for our next Advocacy Training Project workshop:
Getting Appointed to a Board or Commission
Have you been hearing about the impact of boards and commissions on our local cities and LA County? Come learn how to get on one, why they’re so important, and how you can make a difference by serving on a board or commission.
The Advocacy Training Project includes all six workshops listed below:
- Sunday, September 10, 2017 – Presenting Your Advocacy Message
- Sunday, October 22, 2017 – How to Write an OpEd
- Sunday, November 5, 2017 – Social Media for Advocacy
- Sunday, December 10, 2017 – Taking Charge of Media Relations
- Sunday, January 28, 2018 – How to Advocate for Legislation
- Sunday, February 11, 2018 – Getting Appointed to a Board or Commission
Attendees of all 6 workshops receive a certificate of program completion from the City of West Hollywood. There is no requirement to attend any amount of workshops to take part in the program. Participation is open to people of all genders and sexual orientations. All Sunday workshops include snacks and refreshments and will be held from 2 – 5 PM.
$20 per workshop
Event LocationNCJW|LA Council House, 543 N. Fairfax Ave.
Los Angeles, CA – California, 90036